If you know me, you know my whole approach to cooking and nutrition is about making food as simple as possible while also using real ingredients. To me, everything stems from how we eat– our energy, mental health, sleep, the ways we show up in life, our mood, how we feel in our bodies. It all comes back to what we eat and fuel our bodies (and brains) with.
But I don’t have endless time on my hands to cook gourmet, farm-to-table meals every day (and I have a feeling you don’t either). I like my meals to be quick, efficient and tasty– so I can still enjoy REAL life without stressing about getting a healthy dinner on the table for my family.
Learning to cook in this way has been life-changing for me. I save time but can still feel SO good about the foods we serve and eat every day in our home. But, I can’t do it alone.
I’ve found a selection of healthy kitchen supplies that make cooking fast, healthy meals sooo much easier. And people ask me all the time what my favorite cookware or blender or knives are, so I figured it was time to pull it all together in one concise spot for anyone who’s curious!
A few things to note–
I am not a fan of teflon or non-stick items. In general I’m also wary of all the new products that are “green” non-stick too. I stick to stainless steel and my lodge cast iron skillet for 99% of cooking. Yes you have to use olive oil or butter to make sure things don’t stick, but that’s a great thing in the real-food perspective. Healthy fats are always a yes in my book.
I also go for quality and multi-use things. For that reason, I’m not a huge fan of tons of appliances (especially those that only have one purpose). I would much rather invest in a great-quality item like a blender that I can use in multiple ways and that lasts forever. It saves so much kitchen space and helps keep mealtimes simple.
Some of my ALL TIME favorite staples and daily healthy kitchen supplies:
- My stainless steel saucepan (my daily matcha pot): I use every single day– IFYYK this pan! I’ve had it for decades and use it daily, first always for making my matcha, for warming up soup, for almost everything. It’s the PERFECT size– not too small, not too big. I love that it’s stainless steel (aka no added chemicals to the cook surface).
- 10 & 12 inch stainless steel frying pans: the 10 in is perfect for eggs in the morning, and warming smaller things. The 12 is perfect for pancakes! Or if you are looking for a new set, the small and large bundle is amazing (we have the small one, it was a wedding gift that just keeps on giving!).
- Toaster oven (mini oven): we don’t have a microwave and just got this last year to warm things up more quickly (aka under 5 mins), esp with 2 kids. It heats up immediately and while it does take up space, I’d say we use this at least 4 times a day! I got this one because it was one of the only ones available in white. 🙂
- Electric whisk & beverage frother (usb rechargeable): the best thing when I travel for making my matcha without a blender. Or at home too, esp for iced.
- Vitamix blender: hands down this is the best investment I have ever made in both my kitchen and for myself and my family’s health. Smoothies galore, one-min healthy muffin/pancake batters, soups, and soooo much more. I’ve had my for over 15 years and it’s still a total workhorse.
- Stainless steel baking sheets (the large) or the smaller one (paired with natural parchment paper): for roasting veggies, making scones, cookies, etc and quick sheet pan meals. These are the best. And I love that they are non-stick free!
- The instantpot: yes, the craze I refused for so long that has now been my weeknight-partner-in-crime for getting a warm meal on the table in under 25 minutes (usually closer to 15 mins). If you are in charge of cooking for people, this tool has honestly CHANGED the game for me. Perfect rice, shredded chicken, soups/stews, beans and lentils that are WAY easier to digest for your body (and way cheaper when you cook them dried)…. it all comes out quick!
More healthy kitchen supplies I love:
JUST DROPPED! A VERY BEAUTIFUL & NEWLY REFRESHED 4 WEEK MEAL PLAN, READY FOR YOU TO HIT PLAY & FEEL THE BEST YOU’VE EVER FELT, ALL IN LESS TIME AND LESS HASSLE. Have all of your meals, healthy, done & planned out for you.
Check out the newly revamped Spring Meal Plan here and get 25% off your purchase of it (and most things) in the SRH Shop this week!
For one week only. Use the code “SPRING2023” at checkout!