My approach to cooking lately is all about being playful, but also resourceful. As in, how many veggies and healing, whole ingredients can I pack into our meals in the LEAST amount of time? It’s like a little game I play with myself.
And it’s why I’m soooo thankful to have a whole catalogue of healthy, quick recipes at my disposal on the blog (and in my cookbooks, and in the Cooking Club), for when it’s 4pm and I’m balancing two littles and trying to figure out what the heck is for dinner.
….anyone else with me in a crazy phase of life?
And even though I’ve felt inspired in the kitchen lately, because I have a new challenge inspiring me to keep creating nourishing meals that are fast to throw together….. there are still plenty of times when my brain power and creativity is at a minimum, and I just want to get something healthy pulled together in a few minutes.
So today, I’m sharing 10 of my tried-and-true (easy) healthy FALL recipes, round-up style and ready for you to make whenever you don’t feel inspired to come up with something elaborate. Because duh, that’s soooo not my style. Easy, delicious, healthy? YES. Always. Fancy, time-consuming, complicated? Uh-uh, never in my life.
10 easy & healthy Fall recipes
Here are some of my favorite healthy Fall recipe go-tos when life is full and my kitchen time is limited! (Pssst, if you’re looking for more EASY recipes, including made-for-you grocery shopping lists and a simplified way to plan it all, make sure you check out the Cooking Club!)
- Roasted Cinnamon Apple & Walnut Parfaits: mmmmm, roasted apples with cinnamon are the best Fall treat. This makes a perfect seasonal breakfast (or dessert)!
- Apple Cinnamon Morning Quinoa: yup, quinoa in the morning…. it’s a thing! Think of it like a different variety of oatmeal, dressed up with apple, cinnamon, raisins, chia seeds and slivered almonds. Yesssss.
- Delicata Squash Quinoa & Kale Salad: OK GUYS, this has to be one of the *best* combos ever. There’s also dried apricot and toasted pumpkin seeds and one of the tastiest (& easiest) homemade dressings….. a fav, always.
- Butternut Squash Salmon & Veggie Curry: if you’re not a curry person, I actually think this recipe might change your mind. Made with colorful veggies and wild-caught salmon, it’s bright and flavorful and so good for you!
- Butternut Squash Soup: this recipe’s an oldie (literally from over 10 years ago!) but ooooh, I still love it as much as the first time! Made with a secret fruity ingredient and sage for yummy warm flavors and the most velvety texture thanks to the butternut squash.
- Veggie & Red Lentil Curry Stew: bookmark this one for rainy or cold nights, because it’s sure to warm you right up and make you SO happy. And it’s sooo simple (literally just throw everything in the instantpot or crockpot and you’re done).
- Veggie Noodle Pho: this is my take on the classic Vietnamese soup that’s truly unbelievable. You can add in garlic, onion, or fish sauce to enhance the flavor, or organic grilled chicken or beef too.
- Butternut Squash & Sage Risotto: you might not be able to stop at just one serving…. you’ve been warned! This is a staple in our house for a fancy-feeling (but still simple & quick) weekend meal.
- Turkey Apple & Green Onion Burgers: sometimes you just crave a good burger, even in the Fall. Apples are in season, so why not throw them in the mix?! These are so tasty with just a hint of sweetness from the fruit. Mmmm.
- GF Molasses Ginger Cookies: finally, a little baking action for you! These cookies are perfectly chewy with just the right amount of sweet and spice. A GREAT Fall and holiday baking staple.
Looking for even more recipe ideas?!
The Cooking Club is here to save your weeknights! Save over 4 hours a week & 192 hours a year of your TIME and ENERGY on figuring out what’s for dinner every night, all fully customized to YOU and your family’s needs. With automatic shopping lists, filters for all foods and sensitivities and a meal planning tool all built in, you can spend less time (and money) on food, and yet eat the healthiest you ever have. Check out all the details here!
Aiyana Bose says
Can’t wait to try these. Thanks for sharing. Would love to see more like this.