Here is what I know for sure:
1. Being healthy is awesome.
2. It’s way more fun and sustainable when you try NEW things and can find ways to be inspired on a daily level.
And so, as we officially enter the first week of Fall this next week, my favorite items + ideas and picks for better sleep, less stress, some tasty new morning bevvies and ways to enjoy cooking more:
To Taste + Try:
1. One of these teas mixed with a generous splash of [good] coconut water. Hot or cold healthy heavenly bevvies in 3 mins flat. I know you think I’m crazy, but just try it. They are the perfect pair. [If you loooove tips like this, the Fall Meal Plan is probably right up your alley. I’m just sayin’. Check it out.]
And while I’m on the subject..
2. “Good” Coconut Water = Good tasting coconut water not from concentrate, and not all brands are created equal. I am loving the new Whole Foods Brand label lately. And it’s quite the steal at $1.99 per can for so much flavor. Coconut water has lots of electrolytes, potassium and hydrating properties, with a great sweeter flavor.
To Cook Happier:
3. Make A “Happy Cooking Music” Playlist on itunes, spotify or whatever your music method may be. Prepping some goodies for the week becomes way more fun with a designated kitchen + cooking themed playlist.
I love me some oldies but goodies for some soothing or energizing vibes, depending on my mood: Van Morrison, Ella Fitzgerald + Louis Armstrong, Hall & Oates or Fitz and the Tantrums are some of my favs. Light a candle, turn up the tunes and enjoy the process. Afterall, it’s only a chore if you make it one.
To Be Inspired:
4. Watch this YouTube vid about The Single Most Important Thing You Can Do For Stress.
It’s about stress, and why what you eat, do + think about is all connected to it, plus ways you can train yourself to handle it better. Subjects like these ones are fascinating and just a small sliver of the type of things I share and talk about with my each of my personal coaching clients. It’s worth every single minute of this longer video. Seriously. Watch it.
To Sleep Better:
5. Get yourself [the BEST] Eye Mask + Earplugs
Go ahead. Call me a grandma. This thing has changed my life [only being slightly dramatic].
While eye masks and earplugs may seem like something that only belong on an airplane or for the over 70 crowd, don’t knock it before you try it. The dividends that a great amazingly well rested night of sleep can give you are PHENOMONAL in the context of daily life. You’ll feel more energized, more productive, more patient and probably leaps and bounds happier with better quality sleep. And if you’re anything like me, it can be hard to turn your brain off at the end of the day to get there. So this totally helps.
This $10 investment may be the best thing you spend you money on this Fall. With fancy eye cut out pockets, there’s no uncomfortable eye pressure and it completely blocks out all light, unlike those freebie ones you might have tried in the past. Earplugs may seem strange too, but they also truly help you get to sleep faster, and usually fall out by the morning, so you’ll still be able to hear your alarm. A word to the wise: give it a full week before you decide, so your body can get used to it first.
Who else has other great favorites to share this season? Let’s hear it— share your favorites in the comments below!
If you like the Simply Real Health philosophy, be sure to check out the newly released Fall Meal Plan. It’s full of fresh, seasonal + easy recipes to put together in a functional, smart + more efficient way so you can enjoy feeling great + eating healthy real-food with less effort, time and thought. Get more info here.
Pssssst! You should sign up for Sarah’s weekly healthy newsletter here, with tips, easy real food recipes and inspiration galore. It’s free healthy lovin’, delivered right to your inbox: https://simplyrealhealth.com