Stop waiting. Start doing.
There will never be a perfect time
if you’re trying to do things perfectly.
In conjunction with this week’s healthy email (not signed up to get them? Click here to sign up), I wanted to share the little daily actions that I try to do (most days, that is). Life would be miserable if it was the same everyday, or if you had strict rules to live by, in my opinion. That’s the opposite of healthy.
The following small things that have helped me personally stay focused, motivated, on track and feeling great day-in and day-out, most days of the year.
It’s different for everyone, but sharing them will hopefully inspire you to think of your own ideas and small daily actions for a healthier lifestyle– whatever makes sense for you, your goals, your life demands, etc. And so, without further ado…
Sarah’s Personal Daily Practice:
1. Choosing green tea more often than coffee.
2. Drinking more water than any other liquid that day.
3. Eating a salad or consuming dark leafy greens (in a green smoothie or green juice) everyday.
4. Eating clean, real, whole foods, and taking some time to shop and prep it each week (but no more than 1 hr/week total)
5. Getting to bed early enough- reading rather than watching tv at night to make the process easier!
6. Working it out everyday. Pushing myself really hard when I can, and backing off on days when I’m not feeling it, but always moving in some capacity (yoga, walking and skiing count in my book).
7. If I need something sweet, I have a few dried dates or sweeter tasting tea (love Good Earth’s herbal blend) instead of sugar.
8. Keeping it natural– in beauty, bath, sunscreen, cleaning and laundry products. Talk about scary labels and chemical lists! The skin is our largest organ, and there is no way it doesn’t absorb those things.
9. Drinking and enjoying alcohol in social situations and with people I love only. Not as a daily default.
10. Keeping a grateful list in my writing each week- people, places and things, big and small.
11. Finding things that inspire and uplift me on a daily basis- new music, recipes, blogs, books, and scheduling time with the people I love in my life that do so just by being with them.
What do YOU do to keep you in a healthy mindset? Please share it below. I wanna know!
Did you enjoy this post? Sign up for Sarah’s weekly healthy newsletter here, with tips, easy real food recipes and inspiration galore. It’s free healthy lovin’, delivered right to your inbox: https://simplyrealhealth.com
photography by Miss Carina Skrobecki. See more of her work here.