It’s a #knowledgebomb day. You’ve been warned.
Today, I’m talkin’ 6 common food and drinks that are heavily marketed to you as being—air quote “healthy” —-options, are actually TOTALLY processed foods. And therefore things you should be aware of. Especially when it’s just as easy to pick a better replacement.
It’s time to get educated my darling friends.
Listening to food marketing is one of the most confusing and misleading ways that we’re instinctually taught to think about food. And learning how to filter out the actually good food from their imposters is such a necessary skill if you want to eat healthy and live healthy as a daily lifestyle.
So, do yourself a favor and watch this little video I put together for you– are you eating any of these 6 foods on daily basis and thinking that you’re doing yourself a favor with a “healthier” choice? What these foods are are, why they’re not so great for you, and what to replace them with instead, all included in today’s video post.
Curious? Well, watch + learn here.
Better Replacements Mentioned In The Video:
BETTER ENERGIZING DRINKS:
1. Kombucha (this brand can be found in most grocery stores)
2. Sparkling water with a splash of fresh (not from concentrate) juice
3. Iced tea (black, green or white) with raw honey
4. Iced tea + sparkling water or coconut water
5. Raw honey
6. Organic blackstrap molasses
7. Organic maple syrup (grade b)
BETTER CRUNCHY SNACK REPLACEMENTS:
8. Organic homemade popcorn (see recipe here)
9. Organic corn tortilla chips
10. Homemade trail mix. Or my fav recipe for healthy chex mix!
BETTER MILK ALTERNATIVES:
11. Organic almond, hemp or rice milk (without carageenan), organic coconut milk (from the can)
INSTEAD OF TOFU:
12. Organic and sprouted/fermented tofu.
BETTER WARM BREAKFAST OPTIONS:
13. Apple Cinnamon Morning Quinoa (see recipe here)
14. Soaked Steel Cut Oats
15. Organic extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil
16. Organic grass-fed butter
17. Organic Ghee (traditional clarified butter)
18. Organic peanut, almond or sunflower seed butter
19. Mashed avocado on toast (sea salt + pepper, paprika, roasted sesame seeds or red pepper flakes are great additions)
Did you enjoy this post? Well, don’t keep it to yourself, pay it forward and share this message with someone you love! Get on our weekly healthy email here, full of amazing tips, easy real food recipes and healthy inspiration. It’s free healthy lovin’, delivered right to your inbox, and always spam free, we promise.
Simply Real Health, Inc is a healthy lifestyle company on a mission to educate, teach and inspire others to live their happiest + healthiest life. Read more about Sarah here.